In this video you'll learn how to throw a 'spiked curveball'. With this throwing technique you get the ability to make the ball go either down, sideways, or any angle in between.
This technique is all about the how you hold the ball. To perform the spiked curveball you should place your middle finger over the seam and curl your thumb around the ball. With a pretty tight grip, keeping pressure on the middle finger, you place the tip of your index finger on the seam. It is important to have cut your finger nail quite short and neat. Otherwise your nail may stick to the ball and break off both your nail as the ball's effect.
The next step to perform this technique is the position of your wrist. The angle of your wrist determines the drop angle of the ball. I.e. if your wrist is vertical the ball will go down and if you hold your wrist in an angle, the ball will go from top-left to bottom-right.
For the throw itself it is important that you curve your thumb over the ball, to give the ball it's rotating speed and therefore it's effect. Now go and try it out, but remember the technique: grip, wrist angle, and thumb action.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades