This video gives you four steps on how to properly break into a baseball glove. If a glove isn‚Äôt correctly broken into, it may affect a player‚Äôs performance. The first step is to condition the leather, softening it by adding either glove oil or cream. Remove any excess oil with a paper towel. Make sure to repeat this step throughout the year. The second step is shaping your glove by placing a ball where you would normally hold a baseball and then tying two large bands around the glove in an X shape. Then place your glove in a bag and let it sit out overnight in room temperature to allow the oil to be completely absorbed and for your glove to shape. The third step to start shaping your glove. Put on your glove and hit the interior with a mallet, focusing the mallet where the ball would go. Then repeat step two and let your glove sit overnight. For the last step, play catch with your glove concentrating on catching the ball with the pocket. Continue using the mallet until your glove feels comfortable.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades